- August 6, 2021
- by Nokomis Energy
Nokomis Energy, a Minneapolis-based energy developer is seeking a Power Systems Engineer to oversee analysis, optimization and interconnection of distributed energy resources across the upper Midwest.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in distribution system engineering, system capacity analysis, power flow modeling and DER interconnection. This is a great opportunity to move beyond traditional utility engineering and start working on how the clean energy revolution will re-shape distribution utility systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead interconnection analysis on all viable distribution grids in the Upper Midwest
- Analyze capacity and queues
- Review and Approve System Impact & Facility Studies
- Own technical design for DER side of interconnection
- Support development of the company’s capacity & site analysis tools
- Support the company’s regulatory strategy for Interconnection and distribution related issues
- Support development of the company’s strategy for optimizing distribution systems targeted at municipals, coops, universities and corporate campuses.
- Power Systems Software Modeling
- Full System Audit & Accounting
- Utility Engagement
- Generation Siting
- Demand Response
- Represent the company in technical standards development and technical industry engagements
- Develop one project type that has never been deployed before that you think could become a template for future grid development.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- Proven working experience at a distribution utility or power systems engineering firm
- Exposure to energy generation project development
- Experience with distribution system engineering and DER interconnection
- Power flow modeling a plus
- Comfort engaging in public technical & regulatory settings
- Strong self-starter and project manager
- Creative, solutions-oriented team player
Terms of Employment
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses and communities of the Upper Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for your specific needs.