- September 15, 2022
- by Emilie Petersen
OUR VISION | Nokomis Energy is an Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, corporates, industrials and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are hiring a Paralegal, Contracts to help develop 1-20MW solar and storage solutions across the Midwest and nationally.
HOW YOU’RE HELPING THE TRANSITION | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local sources. Our Paralegals play an integral role in tackling the major contracting tasks required to deliver solar energy to our customers. On any given day you will be drafting contracts, digitally and physically filing contracts and corporate documents, supporting financial closings and regulatory proceedings, obtaining document signatures, and automating processes.
WHY YOU’RE A GOOD FIT |Our ideal candidates will be excited about applying the diligence and organization inherent in high-performance paralegals to the clean energy transition. Previous experience in clean energy is not required, but familiarity with standard purchase agreements, corporate filing procedures and contract management tools are a must. This role will work on many aspects of development, offering multiple paths for growth. Paralegals commonly grow to manage whole aspects of development contracting, financial transactions and real estate diligence. If you think clean energy could be the right industry for you, this is a great role to get started.
Essential Job Functions
- Legal – Create and manage basic corporate documentation, include certificates of good standing and yearly renewals. Provide support in contract development, financial closings, and regulatory proceedings. Process, organize and maintain digital and hard copies of all contracts. Partner with IT to automate processes, document development, and implement contract management tools.
- Economics – Assist and organize the documents required for the construction draw process, loan closings and any sale of assets.
- Sales – Using established templates, draft and edit solar energy subscription and solar power purchase agreement documents. Coordinate with sales and development teams and subscription management vendors. Assist with obtaining document signatures – will require travel and a valid driver’s license. Support documentation associated with business contracts.
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of $75-$105K based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
To apply, send your story and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses, communities, and utilities of the Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for their specific needs.