- February 13, 2023
- by Emilie Petersen
Our Vision | Nokomis Energy is Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, corporates, industrials and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are seeking to add a VP, Project Development to help us accelerate the deployment of solar and storage solutions across our communities.
How You’re Helping the Transition | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local energy sources. Our VP of Project Development will lead our development and development operations teams in identifying, defining and systematically de-risking the critical issues that must be resolved in order for projects to achieve Construction Notice to Proceed. You’ll be leading the build out of our core development teams as well as working to update and improve our development platform tools and processes. On any given day your teams will be evaluating economic, offtake, siting, interconnection, permitting, environmental, technology and schedule risks to find the best path forward or identify the fatal flaws. Your teams will do so by engaging landowners, utilities, permitting authorities, and engineering and environmental consultants. Successfully navigating projects through the development process means helping our customers benefit from the Clean Energy Transition.
Why You’re a Good Fit | Our ideal candidate will have previous experience building and managing project development teams, budgets & schedules, obtaining site control, resolving title issues, obtaining land use permits, and applying for interconnection agreements. Excellent communications, team building, project management, and problem-solving skills are a must. This role will be a member of our Executive Committee and ensure we have the best information to make great decisions for our people, projects, and company. This is a great opportunity to help lead an organization that is developing projects at the forefront of the Clean Energy Transition.
Essential Job Functions
- Team Building – Identifying and recruiting new team members, helping to grow existing team members, and building a culture of empowered, fearless project developers.
- Risk Evaluation – Ensure the organization has clear visibility to project risks and mitigation plans so we can solve the problems worth solving and move on from those we can’t.
- Communication – Develop and maintain good relationships with landowners, offtakers, utilities and permitting jurisdictions. Keep key partners updated as projects evolve.
- Executive Leadership – Driving company wide initiatives, ensuring the Executive Committee is well informed when key decisions arise, helping our employees grow, and building a culture of celebration and revelry.
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of 200K+ based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
Next Steps | To apply, send your story and qualifications to [email protected]