- April 27, 2023
- by Nokomis Energy
Our Vision | Nokomis Energy is a Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, companies and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are hiring a Business Development Director to help develop 1-20MW solar and storage solutions across US distribution grids.
How You’re Helping the Transition | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses, and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local sources. Our Business Development Director plays an integral role in understanding customer goals and leveraging the Nokomis team to deliver clean, low-cost energy solutions. On any given day you will be pursuing site control and offtake contracts for solar and storage solutions with land owners, businesses, schools, municipalities, distributed utilities, and any combination of groups that seek to leverage their community to support the energy transition.
Why You’re a Good Fit | Our ideal candidates may have experience in land acquisition contracting, opportunity and account management, technical and financial feasibility assessments, as well as community and corporate relationship management. Previous experience in clean energy is not required, but the ability to deliver proposals, manage contract negotiations, and close deals that achieve site control (land acquisition) is a must. This role will work on many aspects of origination, offering multiple paths for growth. A Business Development Director often goes on to lead offtake negotiations with Commercial & Utility customers, as well as lead broader market initiatives. If you’re looking to put your sales skills to work originating clean energy opportunities, we’re ready for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Land Acquisition – Execute sales campaigns by engaging landowners, generating proposals, and leading site control contract negotiations
- Commercial Offtake – Prospect customers in target markets, identify & develop relationships with key stakeholders, partner with customers to understand their energy goals, generate proposals, and support contract negotiations
- Account Management – Support and manage client expectations while advocating internally for customer goals
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of $100K+ based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
Next Steps | To apply, send your story and qualifications to [email protected]
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses, communities, and utilities of the Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for their specific needs.