- April 27, 2023
- by Nokomis Energy
Our Vision | Nokomis Energy is a Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, companies and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are hiring a Sr. Business Development Director to help develop 1-20MW solar and storage solutions across US distribution grids.
How You’re Helping the Transition | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses, and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local sources. Our Sr. Business Development Director will develop an intimate understanding of our customer’s goals and deliver clean, low-cost energy solutions that meet those goals. On any given day, you will pursue customer contracts for solar and storage solutions with businesses, schools, municipalities, land owners, distributed utilities, and any combination of groups that seek to leverage their community to support the energy transition.
Why You’re a Good Fit | Our ideal candidates will have experience in commercial and/or utility energy contract negotiations, on-site energy generation sales, opportunity and account management, technical and financial feasibility assessments, as well as community and corporate relationship management. Previous experience in clean energy is required; our Sr. BDDs must have the ability to autonomously generate proposals, manage contract negotiations, and close deals that achieve energy offtake and site control commitments. The Sr. Business Development Director will often manage key accounts and may manage broader market strategy initiatives. If you’re looking for the right place to pair your expertise with a development platform focused on originating clean energy opportunities across the distribution grid, we’re ready for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Commercial Offtake – Execute sales campaigns, build relationships with key stakeholders, partner with customers to understand their energy goals, lead energy offtake contract negotiations
- Land Acquisition – Execute sales campaigns by engaging landowners, delivering proposals, and closing site control contracts
- Account Management – Manage client expectations while advocating internally for customer goals
- Product Expertise – Knowledge of renewable energy technology, utility rates, incentives, financial proforma for solar & storage, and ability to explain offerings to clients in a clear, concise manner
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of $200K+ based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
Next Steps | To apply, send your story and qualifications to [email protected]
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses, communities, and utilities of the Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for their specific needs.