- May 15, 2023
- by Nokomis Energy
Our Vision | Nokomis Energy is a Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, companies and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are hiring a Corporate Counsel to help develop 1-20MW solar and storage solutions across US distribution grids.
How You’re Helping the Transition | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses, and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local sources. Our Corporate Counsel play an integral role in drafting and reviewing the core contracts required for each of our clean energy projects. On any given day you will be drafting power purchase agreements and land leases, reviewing purchase and other financing agreements, managing outside counsel and coordinating legal work.
Why You’re a Good Fit | Our ideal candidates will be excited about clean energy transactions. At least one (1) year of previous experience in clean energy corporate law required along with excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to operate independently, and a curious and self-aware mindset are a must. This role will offer broad exposure to clean energy transactions, offering multiple paths for growth. If you’re ready to take the next step in your clean energy career, we’re ready for you.
Essential Job Functions
- Enterprise-wide transactions lead – Project manager for all transactions including corporate debt financings, project sales/financings, and post-sale financings
- Document Review – First-line drafter and reviewer of all equity, debt, PPA, EPC, sourcing, SaaS, subscription, and real estate transaction documents
- Document Production – Coordinate creation and organization of transaction documents, working with General Counsel, Paralegals and Outside Counsel as needed
- Legal Support – collaborate with legal team to provide as-needed legal services across the company
- Contract Management – comfortable using contract management software such as Ironclad
- Previous Experience – understanding of renewable energy transactions, real estate & corporate law
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of $130-200k based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
Next Steps | To apply, send your story and qualifications to [email protected]
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses, communities, and utilities of the Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for their specific needs.