- August 22, 2023
- by Nokomis Energy
OUR VISION | Nokomis Energy is a Midwest based provider of clean energy solutions helping communities, companies and utilities take advantage of the Energy Transition. We are hiring Project Developers to help develop 1-20MW solar and storage solutions across US distribution grids.
HOW YOU’RE HELPING THE TRANSITION | At Nokomis, we recognize that with increasing frequency, communities, businesses, and organizations are seeking to become active participants in transitioning our energy system to cleaner, cheaper and more local sources. Our Project Developers play the integral role of identifying, defining and systematically de-risking the critical issues that must be resolved in order to achieve Construction Notice to Proceed. On any given day you will be evaluating economic, offtake, siting, interconnection, permitting, environmental, technology and schedule risks to find the best path forward or identify the fatal flaws. You’ll do so by engaging landowners, utilities, permitting authorities, and engineering and environmental consultants.
WHY YOU’RE A GOOD FIT | Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in energy development, managing budgets & schedule, obtaining site control, resolving title issues, obtaining land use permits, and applying for interconnection agreements. Previous experience in clean energy is not required, but good project management, communication, and problem solving skills are a must. This role will work on many aspects of development, offering multiple paths for growth. This is a great opportunity to lead the development projects at the forefront of the Clean Energy Transition.
Essential Job Functions
- Project Management – Effectively communicate project status and escalate issues
- Budget & Schedule Management – Maintain and update budgets and financial models to accurately reflect the current state of each project
- Risk Evaluation – Define plan to identify key risks and interpret impacts of new information on each project’s path to success
- Communication – Develop and maintain good relationships with landowners, offtakers, utilities and permitting jurisdictions. Keep key partners updated as projects evolve
- Product Expertise – Demonstrate knowledge of renewable energy technology, utility tariffs, taxes, financial pro formas, and possess the ability to explain them in a clear, concise manner
- Total Annual Compensation (Salary + Bonus) of $150 to 230K based on experience
- Competitive Benefits
- Flexible work hours and location
- To apply, send your story and qualifications to [email protected]
Nokomis Energy is a clean energy developer based in Minnesota. Our mission is to identify opportunities to create clean, low-cost energy projects for the people, businesses, communities, and utilities of the Midwest. We work directly with our customers and partners to implement and build clean energy solutions that work for their specific needs.